Are you tight on space in your home? If you have a small bathroom, you may be wondering how you can add a laundry room to the mix. A bathroom laundry room combo can be a great solution!
But first, there are a few things you’ll need to consider when designing your space. You’ll need to decide on the layout, for starters, You’ll also need to choose the right appliances and fixtures for your space. Today, we’ll tell you a lot more about making these decisions and designing a bathroom laundry room combo that is not only beautiful but functional too!
Tips for Designing a Bathroom Laundry Room Combo
Here are a few tips to help you design the perfect space:
Decide on the layout
When it comes to combining these rooms, there are two main layout options when it comes to your washer and dryer: parallel or perpendicular. Parallel layouts place the washer and dryer side by side, while perpendicular layouts place them opposite of each other. Choose the layout that will best fit your space. Then, you can start planning the rest of the room around it!
Choose the right appliances and fixtures
In a bathroom/laundry combo, you’ll need to choose the right appliances and fixtures for your space. Make sure to select appliances that are the correct size for your bathroom. You’ll also want to make sure that the appliances you choose are energy-efficient.
As for fixtures, you’ll need to choose a bathroom sink, toilet, shower, or bathtub. If you’re short on space, consider a wall-mounted sink and toilet. A walk-in shower or bathtub can also help save space in your bathroom laundry room combo.
Be mindful of plumbing
If you’re planning on doing any big Renos to create this space, you’ll need to be mindful of the plumbing. You’ll want to make sure that all of the plumbing is up to code and that there are no leaks.
Select the right colors and finishes
When it comes to choosing colors and finishes for your bathroom laundry room combo, you’ll want to select materials that are durable as well as easy to clean. A ceramic tile is a convenient option for floors and walls because it’s water-resistant and easy to clean. For countertops, you may want to consider materials like quartz or granite.
Choose storage solutions
In a bathroom laundry room combo, it’s important to have adequate storage space. You’ll need somewhere to store laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, and other bathroom essentials. Consider adding shelves, cabinets, or even built-in storage solutions to your bathroom laundry room combo.
Now, on the topic of storage solutions, let’s talk more about some of our favorite space-saving tips for bathrooms and laundry rooms. You can pick and choose from these tips to apply them to your bathroom laundry room combo and create a truly well-designed space!
Bathroom Laundry Room Combo Design Ideas
Here are a few design ideas to get you started:
- Add a feature wall: Feature walls are a great way to add visual interest to a small space. Consider adding a tile or stone accent wall in your bathroom laundry room combo.
- Use floating shelves: Floating shelves are another great way to add storage without taking up too much space. You can use them to store bathroom essentials or even laundry detergent and other cleaning supplies.
- Install a pedestal sink: If you’re short on space, consider installing a pedestal sink in your bathroom laundry room combo. Pedestal sinks take up less space than traditional bathroom sinks and can help make your bathroom feel more open.
- Incorporate plants and greenery: Plants and greenery can help freshen up any space. Consider adding a few potted plants or even a small herb garden to your bathroom laundry room combo.
- Maximize natural lighting: Natural lighting can help make any space feel more open and bright. In your bathroom laundry room combo, make sure to incorporate as much natural light as possible. This can be done by adding skylights or even windows, or at least not blocking the ones you have. Many laundry rooms and bathrooms don’t have the option for windows, however. In this case, invest in great artificial lighting to brighten up the room!
- Get custom glass shower doors: These doors are not only gorgeous but opting for glass shower doors instead of curtains helps make the room look bigger. It also allows you to show off your beautiful bathroom tile work!
Space-Saving Tips for a Bathroom Laundry Room Combo
Next, here are a few of our favorite space-saving tips for bathrooms and laundry rooms:
- Install a wall-mounted bathroom sink to save floor space.
- Choose a compact washer and dryer to save space in your laundry room.
- Hang towels on hooks instead of using a towel rack.
- Use an over-the-door organizer to store bathroom essentials like toilet paper, shampoo, and towels. This saves space and keeps your bathroom organized.
- Add shelves or cabinets above your washer and dryer to create extra storage space in your laundry room. Then, you can store laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, and other bathroom essentials on these shelves and out of the way.
Other Ideas for Your Laundry Room Combo
Once you have the basics of your bathroom laundry room combo figured out, you can start to add other features and design elements to make the space your own. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
Add a backsplash
A tile or stone backsplash can add both style and functionality to your space. A backsplash will protect your walls from water damage and make cleanup easy.
Install a clothesline
If you don’t have enough space for a dryer in your bathroom laundry room combo, consider installing a clothesline or a folding clothes rack. This is a nice way to air-dry your clothes without taking up too much space.
Add a folding table
Consider adding a folding table to your bathroom laundry room combo if you have space or even a fold-out option.
(Find even more laundry room shower ideas here)
How to Organize a Bathroom Laundry Room Combo
Next, let’s talk about some strategic organization tips for your bathroom laundry room combo. These tips will help you keep your bathroom and laundry room organized and tidy.
Here are a few organization tips for your bathroom laundry room combo:
Have a place for everything
In a small space like a bathroom laundry room combo, it’s important to have a place for everything. Otherwise, the space can quickly become cluttered and chaotic. Make sure you have storage solutions for all of your bathroom and laundry essentials.
Labels are your friend in a bathroom laundry room combo. Use labels on storage containers to help you keep everything organized. This way, you’ll always know where things go, and you won’t have to search through piles of stuff to find what you’re looking for.
Invest in some baskets
Baskets are an effective way to store bathroom and laundry essentials organized in this space. They’re easy to grab, and they keep everything organized. Plus, they add a bit of style to the space.
The Benefit of a Bathroom Laundry Room Combo
If you’re still on the fence about combining your bathroom and laundry room, let’s talk about some of the benefits of combining these rooms or even other rooms in your home.
Here are a few benefits of combining spaces in your home:
One of the biggest benefits of combining rooms is that it saves space. When you combine two rooms into one, you’re effectively doubling your space. This can be a wonderful way to make use of a small bathroom or laundry room.
Another benefit of combining rooms is that you have more storage options. When you combine two rooms, you can add storage solutions that wouldn’t otherwise fit. This is especially beneficial in a bathroom laundry room combo because you can add extra shelves, cabinets, and organizers to store all of your powder room and laundry essentials.
(Speaking of cabinets, learn more about designing a custom bathroom linen cabinet next)
When you combine two rooms into one, you also have more flexibility with how you use the space. For example, you can use your bathroom laundry room combo as a mudroom, a place to do laundry, or even an extra powder room.
The Bottom Line
Designing and organizing a bathroom laundry room combo can be a bit of a challenge. But with the right planning and some strategic organization, you can create a functional and stylish space that meets all of your needs. Just remember to have a place for everything, use labels, and invest in some baskets to keep the space organized. And don’t forget to add some personal touches to make the space your own.
If you want help designing custom home spaces, Coastal Closets and Showers in Stuart, FL., is here to help. We specialize in custom closets and custom glass shower doors and feel a responsibility to provide top-quality products and services to our customers. We provide bathroom and laundry room remodeling services as well as new installation for residential and commercial homes. Give us a call or visit our website to learn more about what we can do for you.