When it comes to closet design, there are so many fun and different options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a way to organize a small closet or need ideas for a large walk-in closet, we’ve got you covered! In this blog post, we’ll cover several modern wardrobe closet ideas that will be popular in 2022.
Modern Wardrobe Closet Ideas for 2022
So whether you’re remodeling your home or just want to update your current wardrobe closet, read on for some inspiration!
Modular storage units
One popular wardrobe closet idea for 2022 is to use modular storage units. These units can be customized to fit your unique needs, and they are a great way to maximize the space in your closet. Another option is to use tall storage cabinets.
These can be used to sort clothes, shoes, and other items, and they can help you make better use of the vertical space in your closet.
(Here are more 2022 closet trends to inspire you)
If you have a small closet, you may want to consider using stackable storage cubes or drawers. This allows you to store more items in a smaller space. And if you have a large walk-in closet, you might even look at adding built-in shelves or cabinets. This offers you more storage options and helps you organize your closet more efficiently.
Add a dressing table for an extra touch of luxury
If you have the space, consider adding a dressing table to your modern wardrobe closet. This can provide an extra touch of luxury and make it easier to get ready in the morning. Plus, it can be a great place to store your jewelry, watches, and other accessories.
Include plenty of storage for shoes
Your modern wardrobe closet should also include plenty of storage for shoes. This can help keep your footwear organized and easy to access. Choose a closet design that includes shelves or racks specifically for shoes which will help you keep up with your organizational goals.
Another way to create a modern wardrobe closet is to organize your items according to their color. This will also make it easier for you to find what you need when you’re getting dressed each day.
Add some personality
One way to really make your modern wardrobe closet stand out is by adding some personality to it. You can do this by using decorative items such as wallpaper, fabric, or paint. You can even use shelves and cabinets in different colors or styles to create a look that’s all your own. If you have extra wall space to use, hanging up pictures or art is another option.
Think outside the box
There’s no need to stick with traditional closet ideas when creating a modern wardrobe closet. If you have an unused space in your home, such as a small room or even a hallway, consider turning it into a closet. You can also use a freestanding armoire or even create your own custom closet system.
Try an open wardrobe
A modern wardrobe closet can be open, without any doors or drawers. This type of closet is perfect for small spaces, as it takes up less room than a traditional closed closet. An open wardrobe closet is also great for displaying your clothes and accessories, making them easy to access and adding a touch of style to your bedroom.
Incorporate natural elements
Tired of the same old look? Why not add natural elements to your modern wardrobe closet? Stone, brick, or wood can give your space a rustic feel and provide a touch of nature. It can also be a great way to break up the monotony of all white or all wood closets.
Create floor-to-ceiling storage
Floor-to-ceiling storage can be a great way to make the most of your modern wardrobe closet. Install shelves or cabinets near the top of the closet to store items you don’t use as often, such as seasonal clothes or out-of-season shoes. This will free up space on the lower levels for things you use more regularly.
Incorporate technology, including sleek TVs
If you have a walk-in closet or additional wall space to work with, consider incorporating a sleek TV into your modern wardrobe closet design. This helps you keep up with the latest trends while getting dressed in the morning, or provides you with a relaxing environment for winding down after a long day. You can also add tech with charging ports so you have a convenient spot to charge all your gadgets so they’re ready for you when you wake up.
Consider an island
If you have a large walk-in closet or extra space in your bedroom, consider adding an island to serve as both storage and additional seating. This can be helpful for storing clothes, shoes, and accessories, as well as providing a place to sit when you’re putting on your shoes or getting dressed.
Finally, if you’re looking for a modern and stylish look, you may want to consider using a wardrobe closet with sliding doors. This type of closet is a great way to add extra storage space while also adding some style to your bedroom.
This is just one idea for closet doors though, here are some more modern closet door ideas to consider.
Inspiration for Modern Closet Doors
The modern closet door has come a long way from the basic bi-fold doors of years past. If you’re looking to give your modern wardrobe closet an update, consider some of these contemporary options:
- Bypass doors: Bypass doors are similar to sliding doors, but they have two panels that slide past each other instead of one large door. This is a good option for small closets.
- Panel Doors: Panel doors are a traditional choice and come in a variety of styles, including raised panels, flat panels, and shaker styles.
- Hinged Doors: Hinged doors are the most common type of door and are available in many different styles, including French doors and Dutch doors.
- Barn Doors: Barn doors add character to any room and are perfect for modern wardrobes. They come in a variety of styles and materials, so you can find the perfect fit for your home.
Modern farmhouse closet wardrobe ideas
Speaking of barn doors, the farmhouse look is another popular style in many homes across the United States. If you want to incorporate farmhouse style into your modern wardrobe closet, here are some ways to do just that.
- Use reclaimed wood for the doors. You’ll find this at your local hardware store or even online.
- Add a sliding barn door to your closet to give it that modern farmhouse touch.
- Paint the inside of your closet a light blue or other soft, neutral color to match the style.
- Install shelves made from reclaimed wood to give you more storage space.
- Hang a vintage chalkboard on the wall to write notes or plan what you’re wearing each day (or what’s already been worn).
(Don’t miss this post with things to consider when building a custom closet next)
Modern Wardrobe Closet Ideas on a Tight Budget
If you’re hoping to update your closet design but you’re not working with a big budget to do so, there are still plenty of things you can do to modernize your closet!
Here are some tips for creating a stylish and functional closet on a budget:
1. Consider a DIY custom closet system from Coastal Closets and Showers. That means you design it, we manufacture it, and then you install it.
2. Look for affordable modern closet systems. There are so many different companies that sell modern closet systems, and many of them offer affordable options.
3. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box when it comes to your storage solutions. There are many creative ways to store clothes and accessories without spending a lot of money. For example, you can use baskets, boxes, and hooks to create extra storage space.
4. Choose inexpensive materials. There are many different materials you can use for a modern wardrobe closet, and many of them are affordable. For example, you can use plywood, MDF, or particleboard for the cabinet frames and doors. Keep in mind, however, that cheaper materials aren’t likely to last as long which means you could spend more on repairs and replacements over time than investing in high-quality materials from the get-go.
5. Be creative with finishes. There are many different finishes you can use in a modern wardrobe closet, and most of them are relatively affordable. For example, you can paint the cabinets a bold color or apply a coat of glossy paint for a high-end look.
(Make sure you grab our custom closet checklist before you go!)
Modern Wardrobe Closet Ideas for Small Spaces
Just like you might be working with a tight budget, you might also be short on space. Again, there are still plenty of ways to design a modern wardrobe closet, it just takes some creativity.
Here are a few ideas:
- Use every inch of space by installing shelves, hooks, and drawers up high and on the sides
- Install a clothing rod that spans the width of the closet
- Hang a mirror on the inside of the door rather than having a standalone mirror
Modern Wardrobe Closet Ideas for Large Spaces
Alternatively, if your space is large, you have more options for how to organize your modern wardrobe closet. Here are a few ideas:
- Install multiple clothing rods to create separate sections for shirts, pants, skirts, etc.
- Install extra shelves or hanging bars to store bulky items like sweaters and jackets
- Use drawers or baskets to store smaller items like socks and underwear
- Add display cases for special collections, including jewelry, purses, and shoes
No matter what type of modern wardrobe closet you choose, make sure it fits your needs and lifestyle. With a little bit of creative planning, you can create a functional and stylish space that will help you get ready for anything.
We’re here to help bring all of your ideas to life! Contact Coastal Closets and Showers in Stuart, FL., today to learn more about our custom home solutions.